Whether you’re a runner, lifter, sports athlete, or all around fitness-buff, you’re likely to be always on the lookout for new fitness gear and ways to improve your performance. If that sounds familiar to you, check out below some of the best products out there.
If you’re looking to build your at-home gym, we recommend one of the squat racks with pullup bar reviewed at http://www.fitnessaddicts.org/squat-rack-with-pull-up-bar/. It is a great machine to get started with. Here’s why.
- Squat racks are relatively small, and won’t fill up your entire gym space
- Many also sold as “squat and bench combo” so you get more bang for your buck
- These are very affordable, even when buying a bar and weights in addition.
- This rack is still limited in its capabilities and versatility compared to the larger, more complex Smith machine.
- Doing solo gym workouts at home is less safe than with a partner to spot you at the gym.
Blender Bottle Pro Stak
You don’t want to walk into the gym carrying a dozen things — phone, wallet, keys, water, snack, and so on. Simplify your life with the latest blender bottle.
- Clip-on containers attaching to the bottom of the bottle can be used for pre-workout powder, protein powder, gym snacks, or even your cash!
- Rubberized loop at the top to attach your keys.
- BPA free, machine washable, and affordable!
- Still not a pocket in there for your phone! Otherwise, just about perfect.
Garmin Forerunner 230 GPS Watch
This product is easy enough for beginning runners or bikers, but also has detailed features and mapping for the serious runner.
- Lightweight, sleek, and easy-to-see.
- The watch has a long battery life, and can be used throughout the day as a step-counter.
- Affordable and long lasting, so by the time you’re an experienced and advanced runner, the Garmin Forerunner 230 will still work for you.
- This watch is not a fitness tracker, so it won’t count flights of stairs, calories burned daily, or active minutes (but doesn’t your smartphone already do that?!).
Under Armour Infrared Cold Gear
Don’t let the winter put a stop to your outdoor activity. Whether you walk, run, or just power-shovel snow, UA’s Cold Gear will keep you warm and toasty.
- Available for men, women, and kids, in a variety of pieces, styles, and colors.
- Infrared technology adds warmth by trapping your own body heat for lasting comfort.
- Allows full range of movement and has no bulky layers.
- More expensive than other cold weather options.
- Not waterproof or water/snow resistant.
Cellucor C4 Pre-Workout Powder
Ready to take your lifting to the next level? Try Cellucor’s pre-workout supplement if you’re feeling bold! This powder contains Creatine, caffeine, Tyrosine, and other light natural stimulants to rev up your muscles for explosive energy during a workout.
- It REALLY works! During lifting, you naturally hit a point where you feel your muscles are tingling and your strength is growing; Cellucor C4 allows you to jump right to that spot for a more productive workout.
- Comes in a variety of flavors, such as Orange Dreamsicle, Berry Blast, and Strawberry Margarita, and mixes with water for easy ingestion.
- Many people are nervous about taking chemicals.
- Produces a harmless tingling sensation that may be uncomfortable or unnerving to many users.
TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller
No matter what your sport, your body needs a rest day! During your day, take advantage of stretching, muscle healing, and deep-tissue massaging with this foam roller from TriggerPoint.
- Comes in a structured grid pattern to target deep tissues and instantly relax tense or straining muscles.
- Very durable construction, so it’s unlikey you’ll have to replace this one, even after years of use.
- Offered in a variety of bright and fun colors.
- A bit pricier than other foam rollers (but still cheaper than going for a massage).