Large or open pores on the skin can contribute to deeper problems such as blackheads and acne and they are a beauty concern especially for individuals who have oily skin. Excess sebum along with dirt and bacteria tend to clog pores. Blackheads also tend to make the pore look larger and become more visible. There are a number of things that can cause open pores and these include:
- Prolonged sun exposure – this damages collagen and reduces elasticity of the pore canal walls.
- Increasing age – because skin normally loses its elasticity as a person grows older.
- Other factors – stress, genetics and poor skin care routine.
You do not have to suffer through this as there are a number of options available when it comes to skin pores treatment and these include:
Use of anti-aging or pore minimizing cream
If you want this to work, make sure you look for top quality products that will work out well. Look for one that has ingredients such as tretinoin, Vitamin A or retinoic acid. These are some of the most effective ingredients that help with tightening and firming of the skin. When you use these creams keep in mind that the pores do not actually shrink but it is the dermis of the skin that becomes tighter. This way even though the diameter of the pore does not change, it feels and looks like the pores become smaller because under the skin it actually did.
Laser resurfacing treatment
There is also an option of using laser skin treatment that can really do wonders for the skin especially if someone is suffering from big pores. This actually helps to change the structure of the skin so that it can become firmer and tighter. This helps to make the pores appear smaller as the underneath skin becomes tauter. Before going ahead with this, it is vital to consult a professional dermatologist who will help you choose a suitable treatment for your condition.
Practice good skin care regimen
This is especially important for people who have oily skin and are looking for skin pores treatment options. Note that there are a range of products that are specifically designed for oily skin. High quality ones are very effective when it comes to the reduction of oil production which helps to keep pores clear of any blockages that may cause pimples or blackheads. Depending on the brand you opt to use the regimen may include a cleanser, toner and moisturizer that is oil free.
There are also a couple of home remedies that a person looking for skin pore treatment can try out. These include things such as:
- Wrapping ice cubes in a washcloth and holding it on to your skin for about 15-30 seconds. Repeat this a few times every day.
- Applying apple cider vinegar that has been mixed with equal parts of water and letting it rest on the face for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
- Applying egg whites on your skin
- Using homemade sugar scrub – this is made by mixing olive oil, lemon juice and sugar.